Electric Water Heater
Here at Campbell Appliance Heating and Air, Inc., we provide electric water heater installation and repair in Temple, Georgetown, Round Rock, Killeen, and Waco, Texas. With this kind of unit, electricity is used to heat the water inside the tank. There are an upper and lower thermostat to determine the temperature of the water, and it automatically kicks on when needed to heat the water to the desired temperature set by the homeowner, usually with a small dial outside the unit. As you use the water, the tank then fills with more cold water to then be heated. This time is called the recovery time. If you are interested in having a new electric water heater installed in your home, contact us today.
Benefits of a Electric Water Heater
At Campbell Appliance Heating and Air, Inc., we want to help you understand the benefits of a electric water heater and help you decide which brand is best for your home. There is a small list of these benefits for you to read below.
- Safety: You run a much greater risk of your gas tank exploding, and causing a lot more damage to your home, than you do from electrocution from your electric water heater.
- Life expectancy: Because electric water heaters use less parts, and subject those parts to less direct heat, they can last years beyond the lifespan of a gas water heater.
- Cost of purchase: Electric water heaters cost less than gas heaters of the same size.
- No pilot light: Along the lines of safety, electric water heaters do not use a pilot light, so you don’t need to worry about relighting the flame if it accidentally burns out.
- Cost of installation: With a gas water heater, you must vent the exhaust through a flu. That means you must install PVC tubing up through your home and out your roof. With an electric water heater, you just install a special outlet or bare wiring. No need to saw holes into your roof.
- Space requirements: Gas water heaters need at least 6-18? of ventilation around all sides and top, which means you can’t just install the tank in a small closet or crawlspace. An electric tank can be installed in confined spaces without fear of gas buildup or an explosion.
Contact Us for a Consultation
If these benefits sound like something that would suit you and your family, fill out the form below or contact us and one of our service technicians can help you decide if this will in fact be the most beneficial unit for your home. We are trained to help you decide which unit will best suit your needs will all factors included, like your budget and household size. This is a big decision, and you do not have to make it on your own.
New Water Heater
One coupon per customer.
*Not valid with any other offers.