According to energy.gov, you should schedule regular maintenance for your cooling system to keep it running as efficiently as possible. During a tune-up from Campbell's Appliance Heating and Air, Inc., professionals who are trained in this field are able to quickly diagnose problems before your unit breaks down and leaves you with a hot and miserable home.
What's Included in the Check-Up?
- Check thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Check and inspect the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode). A plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation. Check the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce the system's ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check your central air conditioner's refrigerant level and adjust if necessary. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Clean and adjust blower components to provide proper system airflow for greater comfort levels. Airflow problems can reduce your system's efficiency by up to 15 percent.
- Inspect, clean, or change air filters once a month in your central air conditioner, furnace, and/or heat pump. This is something you can do on your own after one of our contractors show you how to do this. A dirty filter can increase energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to early failure.
Schedule Your Tune-Up Today
If you want your air conditioner to run to its potential and not cause a huge rise in your electric bill, contact us today. We will come out and complete our yearly A/C maintenance program and increase the life of your air conditioner. We also offer a furnace maintenance plan.