Air Conditioner Repair Near Austin, Texas
We have the training and experience to repair all brands of heating and cooling systems. What sets us apart is our commitment to be there for you twenty four hours a day. It doesn't matter if it's two in the morning, we know families in this area need us right now when their AC unit breaks down.
Our certified A/C repair technicians typically look for the obvious first, some of which aren't so obvious to many homeowners.
- If your system isn't working at all? They'll first check the temperature setting on your thermostat to ensure it's set at least five degrees below room temperature. While they're at the thermostat, they'll check that it's set to 'COOL' and not to OFF or HEAT.
- Still not working? They'll check that all of the switches and controls are 'ON,' then verify that the fuses or circuit breakers at the electrical panel are not blown or tripped.
- What can cause your air conditioner to stay shut down? Various sensor switches and interlocks could be preventing your AC from starting, such as an electric motor overload, compartment door interlock safety switch, an electric motor overload or condensate tray spillage detector switch. Our technicians will check for all of these plus more.
What if it's working, but not pumping out cold air?
- Our techs will run diagnostics on the fan and compressor/condenser unit. Sometimes the fan simply burns out. Other times, the fan works it way loose from the motor shaft, or it's drive belt has broken.
- Often, the cooling coil or evaporator coil is just dirty or blocked.
- They'll also check your duct work and supply registers. We've seen quite a few blocked by furniture.
- Air filters are checked to ensure they're not completely blocked with dirt and debris.
Our techs are always here to answer your calls and we'll dispatch them just as quick as we can. There is somebody standing by 24 hours a day ready to assist you to get your unit back up and running as soon as possible.
Broken AC Problems and Symptoms
Our harsh summer months in Austin take their toll on air conditioners, frequently causing them to under deliver or simply break down. This area experiences many days during the summer of over one hundred degrees. The two most common symptoms are that your AC unit will simply not turn on or it won't blow out cold air. When you turn the thermostat to cool and set the temperature low enough to where it should turn on, but doesn't, this could mean some detector switch or interlock has tripped or that you don't have power to the thermostat or unit itself.
- If your unit is loud or noisy, this could be because there's an issue with the fan assembly.
- If the quality of air in your home has diminished as well, it's possible that the air filter needs to be changed.
Call us. We're here to help 24/7.
Our techs are always here to answer your calls and we'll dispatch them just as quick as we can. There is somebody standing by 24 hours a day ready to assist you to get your unit back up and running as soon as possible. In addition to ac repair, we also offer: